When you call, you will speak with a member of the treatment team or an admissions counselor who will guide you through a brief, confidential telephone assessment.Once the assessment is completed, the treatment team will determine the most appropriate level of care for you, either at our facility or elsewhere. If a hospital detox or other medical services are indicated prior to admission to The Road to Recovery, the team member can assist with those arrangements.Your admissions counselor will advise what to bring and will also be available to answer any other questions you may have prior to your arrival.
Arrangements can be made for airport pickup and escort to our facilities. If needed, interventions including a private escort to our facility is available from the point of origin as an additional service.The Road to Recovery is conveniently located near three major southern California Airports, only a few minutes drive from our local freeway system.
The hard part is picking up the phone and reaching out to us for more information. Once the first call is made and you are put in touch with one of our admissions specialists, you will be guided through the rest of the process. The Road to Recovery will help you get the right level of care at the appropriate location regardless of whether it is with us or not. The Road to Recovery has over 30 years of experience helping people in exactly your situation and we know that you deserve and value:
- Friendly and understanding people to talk with and get initial information. Our admissions specialists are patient and respectful when they answer your questions. We know there may be many things you don’t understand about this process. You probably have a lot of questions about addiction or co-occurring disorders and you deserve to have all of your questions answered.
- A seamless process of arranging travel and meeting here in Huntington Beach to get an initial screening or an introductory tour of our facilities. We have treated tens of thousands of individuals from around the world and we know exactly what you are going through and how to best complete this transition of entering treatment.
- Professional intake counselors with the experience and skills to patiently complete the initial screening and assessment and report to our clinical team who will decide on the best level of care for you or your loved one.
- Contact information of people who you can call 24 hours a day to get more information about the treatment process or your loved one.
PACKING FOR RECOVERY
WHAT TO BRING: PACKING LIST (2 BAGS MAX)
- 2 weeks worth of casual clothing (washers and dryers available)
- Jacket, hoodie, or heavy sweater
- All personal hygiene products including, deodorant, bath soap, shampoo/conditioner, shaving supplies, toothpaste, toothbrush, personal hygiene products, contact solution, sunscreen, etc.
- Bathrobe, slippers, and pajamas
- iPod/portable music player—with headphones
- Walking shoes/tennis shoes
- Gym clothes and bag (shorts, workout shirt, running shoes, etc.)
- Socks (several pairs)
- Blow dryer, curling/flat iron etc.
- Cigarettes or Vape
- Any medications not pre-approved or without prescription
- Alcohol based mouthwash, isopropyl alcohols, or any items that contain alcohol
- Over the counter (OTC) medications
- Car or motorcycle
- Unnecessary jewelry